Monday, January 18, 2010

My 15 Minutes of Fame on the Late Show

Well I was told to populate this blog with interesting and fun things, so I figured "What could be more interesting and fun than this"?  It was 1991 and I was flown to New York City by the Late Show with David Letterman.  But there is more to the story.  There's actually a moral to the story.  I worked with a guy named Michael Frey (a very funny guy).  He actually did this silly trick in front of me.  I said, "Mike, you need to be on Stupid Human Tricks".  But he was lazy and said, "You call and see if you can get me on".  His disinterest and my love for making people laugh, combined with my larger ears and my burning desire to meet David Letterman, got me thinking.  Why should I help make someone else who has little to no interest in making this happen, when in reality I would love the opportunity to go.  Well the fact that back in the day (pre-operation to get my ears pinned back), my big ears made the trick even funnier.  I learned how to do it and the rest, as they say, is history.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment